Friday, January 18, 2008

Saha Determined To Make Impact

Louis Saha insists he is overcoming his nagging injury problems and can play an important role in the rest of Manchester United's season.

The French striker has struggled with injuries off and on for a couple of years and has started only eight games this season.

Saha missed out on United's 6-0 thrashing of Newcastle last weekend but is now keen to return to the squad.

He told United Review: "I'm definitely getting there. I played two full games in a row over Christmas and that was the first time I'd done that for a while.

"So things are improving and I'm looking to play even more. My target now is to stay fit and keep finding the back of the net.

"I'm a striker and that's my job, and now I want to concentrate on scoring more goals for the team.

"I'm very hard on myself and always want to do better, so I'm not very satisfied with how the season has gone so far on a personal level."

Saha did score twice in the 4-0 win over Sunderland on Boxing Day but wants to do more to repay Sir Alex Ferguson's loyalty towards him.

He added: "I know I can do better, and hopefully I showed that against Sunderland. The manager's always shown a lot of faith in me and that gives me a lot of confidence."

Saha hopes to be in contention for United's trip to Reading on Saturday but Gary Neville is unlikely to figure despite being back in training.

The England full-back needs more time in reserve games under his belt before he returns.

Paul Scholes is also still out but Owen Hargreaves should be available again after missing the Newcastle game with bruised ribs, and Wes Brown is back from suspension.



Source : www.sportinglife.com