Saturday, February 16, 2008

RONALDINHO WILL SNUB ITALIAN MOVE

Ronaldinho has told the Italian media that even if Italy's top clubs are interested in him, he has no interest in joining them.

For months there has been widespread speculation suggesting the Barcelona forward is set for a move away from the Nou Camp at the end of the season, following a year in which the former world player of the year has been dogged by poor form and below-par performances.

Italy - and Milan in particular - has long been touted as his most likely destination, but the Brazilian claims he only has an interest in playing for his current club.

"What would I say to any offer from Inter or AC Milan? No thanks," Ronalindho told Italian television show 'Studio Sport'.

"Knowing that a great club appreciates your work is highly motivating, but I'm trying to reach my best form to be able to give my best to Barcelona.

"It's normal that there is some criticism, if we were top of the league things would be different.

"When I go out into town [in Barcelona] I can feel the support of the people, and I hear them singing my name in the stadium so I know there is a lot of affection there."

On Saturday, Ronaldinho scored the winning goal in Barcelona's victory over Real Zaragoza, his first goal since December 12 for his club.


Source : www.sportinglife.com