Sunday, February 3, 2008

MASSA CONFIDENT OF BEATING KIMI

Felipe Massa concedes being the reigning F1 champion may give Kimi Raikkonen a psychological edge this year but that doesn't mean he's not going to fight for the title himself.

Raikkonen clinched the 2007 Drivers' Championship by one point over McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton while Massa finished fourth in the standings after being hit by reliability problems throughout the season.

But while the Brazilian admits winning the title last year may give Raikkonen the upper hand, he is confident he can beat his team-mate to the Drivers' crown this season.

"There's always an advantage when you win something, as it happened to me when I won my first race," he said.

"But from a performance point of view we are equal: to become World Champion you need everything, luck too, and he had more than me.

"But this year I feel strong and motivated as ever because I know I have everything to fight on an equal footing."


Source : www.sportinglife.com